DSI provides a technical assistance to APRM to review APRM questionnaire.
The African Peer Review Mechanism (APRM) primary purpose is to foster practices that lead to political stability, high economic growth, sustainable and inclusive development, as well as accelerated regional and continental integration.
DS Institute is selected to be one of the APRM team of expert to comprehensively review the current questionnaire and proposed viable revisions and amendments of results.
The main activities of this assistance are as follows:
– Ensure that the revision reflects the African Union Agenda 2063, the SDG 2030, as well as the identified Bottlenecks to Africa’s Development.
– Identify and include relevant emerging development and governance issues on the continent such as illicit financial flows, digital governance, blue and green economy, etc. under the relevant thematic area.
– Ensure that the standards and codes are comprehensive and placed in the correct category; and
– Develop and profile SMART indicators under each objective of the four thematic focus areas.
– Strengthen the proposed tool kits namely Youth engagement in APRM processes.
Propose any new emerging issue that is pertinent to governance on the African continent and that may further strengthen the APRM review process.